Friday, December 30, 2005

Misnomers........Nicknames...........Petnames

Some People are lucky enough so that they have only one name this superset of name contains only its single name as a subset, but mine like some others would be having a lots of name given by their parents, cousin, friends and colleagues. And so, this post is dedicated to all such names that i have got during my short life of 24 years.
People start identifying me by the first name given my mom and dad and that was 'Nicky' and i know they will always call me by that name, and entire maternal and paternal family knows me by that name. Then the dilemma of having an another name as an official one for registration in school lead them christen me with 'Nitin Raj Jain'. Never asked my father why he wants my middle name to be 'Raj' nobody in my family has that, felt happy when SRK was having that in most of his movies.
In school people call me with 'Nitin' but some started calling me with me 'Raj' and wants me drop my name 'Nitin' offcourse i had rejected such useless advice. I often used to visit my grandparents village during my summer vacation, so there were lots od cousin of my age, but unfortunately that bloody 'Suniel Shetty' joined the movies, and donno how, my cousin sis give me an another useless name. One of my friend Anurag told me that some one used to call me 'Scooty', and the name of thar person is still unknown to me.
Then my engineering college where people always made good efforts not to call me by my real name, and they started calling me 'Raj Jain', some of by friends also started calling me 'B. Nitin' (I couldnt tell the reason why?) and i again a misnomer when one of my friend Cyrus started calling me 'Shumi' according to him I was looking like 'Michael Schumarker' that confirms me that people look others by the way they want to see me. Yaa one of the most interesting name tht i got was 'AZGAR' by my x-room partner Vikas, he thinks me as an indolent guy doing studies thts all again donno why he thinks so.
Then came XIM and the name 'John', for which Nity is the culprit, he tried to match the photographs of John Abraham and mine which were definitely unmatchable, but all C-botters and many others started calling me by that name.
still dont know how many such more names would be given to me...the most unfortunate part of all this people may forget my real name.....but at last it is nothing in the name....all that counts is people love and admiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home